General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By LaosToaster
#261436 so im just wondering if there is any ways to improve cooling the engine when its super hot outside. my car doesnt have any overheating problems, i beat on my engine in this summer heat and i was wondering how to lower the average under hood temps.

ive heard of lifting the rear part of the hood to let air escape through there.

would it help lower engine temps to make an air duct for ur radiator??

i need ideas anything would be great
i want to be able to beat on it without having any overheating problems. 8)

i do have an Ebay radiator with aftermarket silicone hoses. no problems what so ever so far
By Ajax1989
#261659 an air duct for ur radiator??

the grill isnt big enuf??
lol

just remember, overcooling can cause sludging of the oil
By LaosToaster
#261675 Lol I forgot to mention its a half size radiator and its dual core, I guess I don't have much to worry about then
By Mr. Pink
#261960 I would use water wetter as well i have used it in multiple vehicles and i swear by it. We use it in our race cars and the Daily drivers.
By matt is (eg6)
#261983 when i pulled the ac out of my hatch i sanded a sheet of aluminum with a da and painted it black then used self tapping srews to hold it on where the ac condensor goes. i never had any cooling problems either but i live in oklahoma and it gets really hot hear just like texas.. its been 105 all week..
here is the only pic i have, you can see it where the condensor goes..
and i know the red cam gear is gay lol
By LaosToaster
#262739 why would u put a sheet metal in place of where ur a/c fan used to be? i dont get it :? whats the benefits of that, just curious
By ShEfA
#262785 I don't know what the benefit should be, but Honda puts a plastic one there if the car hasn't an A/C system. I suppose, and I stress on "suppose", that it would direct the air stream to the radiator... but on the other hand, if there was no plate, the air would escape out of the engine compartment faster and it would enter easier when the car is on the move.

Damn, in the course of thinking I found out that I don't know why the sheet should be installed, but Honda puts it there in the factory so... must have a good reason.
By matt is (eg6)
#263201 i put it on to try direct flow into the radiator not sure if it worked i never really noticed a difference.... i didnt even know honda made one factory i just thought of it one day and tried it out
By 1ACarlos
#263204 Definitely I would use watter wetter great stuff.