General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By hatchaddict
#260909 Okay so over the winter I pulled the motor on my hatch to shave and paint the bay move battery relocate the fuse box just little things. Well I put the motor back in and went to start it and it will not start just sits there and cranks over will not start main relay is good I can hear it click and everything the car has fuel and spark just won't start! You can crank forever and it won't start. It backfired a couple times well trying. Its got brandnew plugs and brandnew wires. Any input will help please help me get my b16a eg hatch back on the road. I Want to drive it so damn bad! There is a code for ELD? No idea what that could be?
By ghskid06
#260918 Double check grounds and wiring, check fuses, make sure your sensors like iacv are hooked up properly.
By JohnAWESOME
#260921 any chance you have your spark plug wires wrong? I did that on a S10 once easy fix
By hatchaddict
#260949 Yeah from what I know from reading wiring diagrams and stuff everything is right. When I get out to the shop ill check it all over again but I swear its right.
By hatchaddict
#261020 So I checked everything all fuses and stuff the only thingvi did find is that there is a plug for vacuum sensor plug according to what I found on here and.I can't find where it foe if someone knows? tell me
By hatchaddict
#261279 so no one knows? come on guys i wanna get this damn thing on the road.
By Apexracing
#261333 picture would help bro, i would personally swap out the dizzy. And if you relocated your battery and only ran one hot wire that could be part of your problem. one wire taking all that load over that distance is a bad idea. get two wires and run one to the starter and the other to the electrical for the car.
By hatchaddict
#261335 Tried a new dizzy and nothing I did a compression test today and its like dead on all 4 so I guess re pull the motor and put some rings in it I shoulda did it in the first place I guess
By Apexracing
#261338 But this motor ran before you pulled it right? somethings up.
By ghskid06
#261374 Did you have the head removed at any time?
By hatchaddict
#261405 i never took the head off. so theres no way timing is off im thinking from when i tried to start it after putting it back in i didnt put oil down the spark plug holes..... when i out oil down the spark plug holes my compression goes up to like 140ish. otherwise its at like 40 hahaha. super low.....
By ghskid06
teal_dx wrote:or engine timing may be way off, if you replaced the timing belt while it was out.

Yeah thats where I was going.

The increase with added oil like that means it is your rings. Your going to have to replace them.
By hatchaddict
#261509 Well I took the motor out again today so. I guess put some rings and stuff in it and see what happens then ha ha. I'm gonna get my ef running to drive for now