General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Honda4life
#260727 Alrite, I know high idle and low idle issues have been covered over and over again, but my low idle issue isn't getting any better and I feel like I've damn near replaced everything. Ok so i had the whole motor, head and bottom end rebuilt like 2500 miles ago and I had it bored .20 over. I have a low idle. I've replaced damn near every sensor imaginable, well almost. I bled my coolant, replaced my tps sensor twice, got a new o2 sensor, cleaned both fitv and iacv, redid my timing like 3 times, cleaned the throttle body, checked fuses, replaced the reverse switch, replaced some hoses, adjust my idle with the idle screw, and just did my oil. Ok so the only thing I haven't replaced is thermo-stat and the map sensor. I car idles really low sometimes and I can't figure out what it could be. My motor is a d16z6 and I'm not throwing any codes. Can anyone shed some light here?
By Honda4life
#260769 Luckily it's never stalled on me, but the rpms will get at 2-3 hundred and just stay there. I don't have an erratic idle or anything. Do you think a faulty thermostat or map sensor could cause this? Also I got a new dizzy with rotor, spark plugs, and wires. I used the same cap from my old dizzy because it didn't look to bad
By chewse
#260788 How does the car drive?...anyway if I were I would tamper with the idle adjuster screw..screw it all the win and all they way out and see how this affects your revs... U can also check vacuum hoses for leaks
By 92civic_vx
#265624 did you ever figure it out? i have the same problem with my mini-me and cant figure it out, the only way i can get it to idle normal is to create a vaccume leak by pulling the hose off the fpr.
By RWMIII
#265640 I'd test the MAP.

Typical Readings: Sensor output voltage range is 0.5 to 4.5 volts.

Output voltages between 0.5 and 1.5 volts indicate a high vacuum (low pressure) situation, such as idle or deceleration.

Output voltages between 1.5 and 3.0 volts indicate a medium level of vacuum (pressure) such as a cruise or slight acceleration condition.

Output voltages between 3.0 and 4.5 volts indicate a low vacuum (high pressure) situation such as hard acceleration or a mechanical failure.

Any reading of 0 volts or over 4.5 volts indicates a problem.

NOTE: The following procedure tests the MAP sensor only.

Inspect the rubber nipple (fitting) from the MAP sensor to the throttle body. Repair as necessary. CAUTION: When testing the MAP sensor, be sure that the harness wires are not damaged by the test meter probes. Test the MAP sensor output voltage at the MAP sensor connector terminal B. With the ignition switch ON, and the engine OFF. Output voltage should be 4 to 5 volts. Test the MAP sensor output voltage at the MAP sensor connector terminal B at a hot, neutral idle speed condition. The voltage should drop to 1.5 to 2.1 volts. Test MAP sensor supply voltage at sensor connector terminal C with the ignition ON. The voltage should be approximately 5 volts (�O.5 V). As always, check the service manual for the proper procedures and specifications for your particular vehicle.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_pr ... a_Civic_EX