General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 706josh
#259194 Okay so yesterday I had my AC converted over to r134 and it worked great. Cools really well. However, whenever I come to a stop it stops blowing cold air. I have to turn the AC off for a few minutes before it will work again. The system is fully charged and has no leaks at all . I also cleaned the condenser but quite a few of the fins were bent. I have noticed my car idles really low especially when the AC is on. Could that have any thing to do with it? Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
By elrompetoto
706josh wrote:Okay so yesterday I had my AC converted over to r134 and it worked great. Cools really well. However, whenever I come to a stop it stops blowing cold air. I have to turn the AC off for a few minutes before it will work again. The system is fully charged and has no leaks at all . I also cleaned the condenser but quite a few of the fins were bent. I have noticed my car idles really low especially when the AC is on. Could that have any thing to do with it? Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
when u stop look at the comp and c if the clutch is engaged and if ur rpms r 2 slow the comp wont turn at a speed 2 cool
By 706josh
#259318 Okay so I think I've figured it out. Turns out we put a bad r134 high side valve on and it's slowly leaking freon. Causing the compressor to shut off. Also my low idle I think is being caused by a dirty IAC valve.