General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#258499 this happens frequently to me some times when i start my car "any time of the day"
i get this dead spot when i rev the engine it goes up to 2000 RPM and the rpm drops then then builds back up till 2000 then drops again constantly, and while im driving i lose all power at 2000 - 3000 rpm then the power comes back again and jolts the whole car and it constantly does this until i rev high up to 6000-7000 RPM then it starts to work as normal "sumtimes"

and sometime the car starts fine and drives as normal, im very confused since i know very little bout electrical issues, at least i think its electrical :?

or could it be fuel???
anyone got some tips on what it might be?
thanks in advance..
By jred
#258506 im using an auto ecu on a manual car so the lights always on,

i changed plugs and wires yesterday to see if that was the problem cause my wires and plugs were pretty old, but im still getting the dead spot :?
By josh93coupe
#258507 Pull the codes on the ECU, too see if there are more problems than just the AUTO thing, and fix your damn ecu so you dont have that issue, so you know when somthing is wrong :D
By JUICE
#258518 ^ that

but it never hurts to replace the fuel filter.. it's cheap, easy and should be done just about every year anyway
By jred
#258521 will do :thumb:

also "it didn't click till now" when i replaced my spark plugs yesterday i noticed oil on the plugs, got a lil back pressure issue with the engine, will that also be a cause for the dead spots on the revs?