General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jmoshe
#251373 I am looking to 'upgrade' my Air Condition system from the R12 to the R134a system in the 92 civic... would be eager to know if anyone has attempted to do it and was successful.. any links to doing it would be appreciative... Thanks
By hatchie
#251391 Flush out put new valves on. And fill up all done
By Eg6H2D
hatchie wrote:Flush out put new valves on. And fill up all done

:thumb:
By jmoshe

Thanks... what about vaccuming the system... I can rent a vaccum ... which is better... flushing or vaccuming it out ?
By jmoshe
EG6b20R wrote:

:thumb:
Question... when you install a drier it tells you to add 1/3 oz. of refrigerant oil... My question is.. where do you add this oil ? Do you just add it directly into the drier ?
By oregon_civic
#252085 or you could just take it to a radiator shop, and have them recharge the r12.
By hatchie
#252088 Vacuum it out and before you fill it put dye inside for future leaks and you can rent one from only autozone I think and r12 is no longer available publicly ....if u want r12 expect to pay $30 an oz.
By hatchie
#252089 Yes just pour right into drier if u got new compressor pour in there too!!
By MG6
#328367 Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but is there any different between the two?

Trying to see if my dad's VX 92 is a R12 or did Honda already change it to R134A.

All sticker under the hood is missing as my uncle respray the hood or removed the sticker.

:?
By bigJOE671
MG6 wrote:Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but is there any different between the two?

Trying to see if my dad's VX 92 is a R12 or did Honda already change it to R134A.

All sticker under the hood is missing as my uncle respray the hood or removed the sticker.

:?

year 92-93 are R12

year 94-95 are R134a
By MG6
#328405 Thank you!!! Now i gotta find a shop that carries R12