General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Gustavo
#250770 Like stated above my friend n I did a compression test n i got 180 on all 4 cylinders. Then after doin that i decided 2 put new plugs since we were pulling out the spark plugs 2 do the compression test, n i also changed the fuel filter cause the old 1 was really clogged, After all that we hook everything back n the car would not start it sounded like it started at one point but died after letting go off the gas pedal, n white smoke shot out of my intake. My friend says it is because i have 2 big of injectors n it is flooding. My hatch has 440cc dsm injectors on a stock ls/vtec. Could it b the injectors?
By asianrob
#250774 is it in the right firing order? are you getting fuel? spark? fuel pump kicking on?
By Gustavo
asianrob wrote:is it in the right firing order? are you getting fuel? spark? fuel pump kicking on?

Yes 2 all the questions. It's weird. I went n got stock injectors but now my injector clips dont work so i gotta go get some clips monday.
By Gustavo
#250786 My distributor code says TD-97U which is a 99+ crv, n i bought my distributor cap n rotor for a 98 gsr could this b the problem?
By ImThaBean
#250792 Did you prime the fuel line? I has a oh Shhhh moment when I did mine. You have to prime the line to get fuel in and through the new dry filter.
By Gustavo
ImThaBean wrote:Did you prime the fuel line? I has a oh Shhhh moment when I did mine. You have to prime the line to get fuel in and through the new dry filter.

I would turn my ignition on 2 let the fuel pump kick on n fill up the fuel filter i did this like 6 times.
By That One Dude
#250843 As far as I know, and I'm pretty damn sure on this, the CRV distributor will not bolt onto a VTEC head. The B20 head is identical to the B18B head in casting, so I would imagine the distributors between the B20 and B18B are identical.

What head are you running? That's pretty important information there. Whatever your head is, get the distributor to match that head.
By Gustavo
That One Dude wrote:As far as I know, and I'm pretty damn sure on this, the CRV distributor will not bolt onto a VTEC head. The B20 head is identical to the B18B head in casting, so I would imagine the distributors between the B20 and B18B are identical.

What head are you running? That's pretty important information there. Whatever your head is, get the distributor to match that head.

It's a gsr head.