General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#248695 hi, ok so i curently have a B16a in the car rite now but the rings are going and a whole bunch of other stuff needs replacing, so it'll jus be easier and CHEAPER to buy another engine : i jus want to know whats the best bang for my dollars "which isn't allot BTW"...not into drag racing jus sumthing quick and responsive for auto cross

im sorta planning to jus buy a B16a head and block and build another B16 but it's like been there done that to me..or should i go ahead and do that?

another question: will a LS/vtec make the same power as a B18c using all stock parts?
By Greasedmonkey
#248714 just stick with the b16a.

Your other options are B18b, B18c and B18cR.
By Fada Blayne
#249144 I would just get the engine rebuilt to oem spec seeing that u don't want to go fast. @ least then u would be sure of ur motor vs buying a "new" one off someone/somewhere else. Plus it would cost around the same to do so if not less.

As for ur lsv question, no a stock lsv doesn't make the same power as a gsr but it does make more torque.
By jred
#249330 yeah i could build over my engine but to get OEM parts (new) will cost BIG$$ Honda parts arn't cheap here... where as buying a Head and Block ( foreign used from the Japanese car dealers here ) cost alot less, the only problem is most sell complete engines which is twice the cost of a head and block...