General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
#246622 Is this something that only the D15z1's had? I've never seen an oil warmer hose :?

edit: I just learned something new: http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1627895
By MG6
#246639 :D Yea, that is why I am having a hard time finding this online for the coolant hose.

I guess I will have to visit the Honsteeler tomorrow to get the part number. :x And I guess this isn't an over the counter part since no all EG had them. :?
By 92civic_vx
#246648 looking for inlet or outlet hose for it?

inlet hose part # 19422-P07-A00 $4.40 on Majestic

outlet hose part # 19423-PM7-010 $2.86 on Majestic
By MG6
#246672 Thank you 92civiclx!!!

Funny thing is... it only list the oil cooler / oil warmer under VX model. But I have a DX :?

And to top this off, I thought VX models doesn't have a oil warmer... guess i am learning something new here.

Ordering it right now. Can't have them sweet coolant spraying all over the engine bay!!! :thumb:
By MG6
#247509 Ok, i need more help on this situation. Got the part (coolant tube), but it is about 1" shorter than the stock (assuming it never was changed since - OEM).

Looked into all the models, and on the VX has this oil warmer with tube listed as a replacement.

So here is the weird thing, the tube per the link
http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/aut ... SE+%282%29

looks like I should have gotten #1 & #2 to replace all the oil cooler tubes. But from what i can see, they are electronic air control tubes... which means - smaller and thinner tubes.

:x This is getting be all confused. Good it is rare to have a oil warmer on the D15z1, but bad it doesn't really list all the parts I need :?
By 92civic_vx
#247513 Image

this is the link pic from estore.honda.com

in this pic the oil cooler hoses are # 2 and 3
# 4 and 5 in the pic are for the Electronic Air Control Valve.

hope this helps
By MG6
#247517 HI 92civiclx, you are correct. I did order #3 and #2, but they are shorter by 1" from the original tube that is leaking.

And when I did a trace, it seems like the tube link should be the link I provided, but # 1 & #2 instead.

For the VX, i'm sure #3 & #2 per what you provided will work since there might be lesser part in the engine... but on a DX :?
By 92civic_vx
#247523 from what i am finding the d15z1 only came in the 92-95 VX w/ MT. can you get a pic of the back side of your block? and which hose of the 2 is leaking the one on the block or on the coolant tube?
By MG6
#247562 hope this helps :thumb:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so basically, top photo is when I took it during the leakage.
* the small blur is a text saying "front"
* the blur below is a text saying "Driver side"
* the blur on the right is a text saying "back" = fire wall

The white circle is where it is leaking. this tube connect from the coolant pipe to the oil cooler/warmer.

The bottom photo is the tube with white circle showing where it is leaking.

The bottom photo also shows on the background a smaller tube. That is tube #2 per the image you posted on the schematic. The tube I replaced #3 per the schematic is a little longer, but not longer than the one I took out.

I am so confused as from my understanding, this is the same engine that went in and never was replaced by the pre-owner.
By MG6
#247564 Just in case the image is too small. :D

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

imagine the image is rotated. :thumb:

As you can see, look straight down, you can see the oil warmer and the blue honda oil filter. But that distance when using a tube is longer than what #3 was called for. :?
By 92civic_vx
#247684 okay, from what i have found online and in my haynes manual the hose in your pic shouldn't go to the oil cooler. it looks like the coolant tube in the pic is not for the d15z1 but for a d15b7 in which your car should have came with from the factory. :? the coolant tube should have the nipple for the hose to the cooler more in the middle like in this pic.

i looks to me like somewhere along the lines someone got a z1 bare block and swapped over the coolant tube and possably other items from the b7 to it, then dropped it in your car.
you may have to get the longest of the hoses and cut it to fit or find a z1 coolant tube.
By MG6
#247753 :weee:

I totally see where you are coming from, but to resolve this issue... I will order the following parts to see if the tube is the same size as what I currently have on the engine.

Ordering #1 & #2.

Reason:
if you look at the image, the heater outlet tube (coolant tube) nipple is located on the far end like the one I currently have in the engine. But the tube honda listed that connects the nipple on the far end is a electronic air control valve in and the other tube which is almost the same size as what i have for the coolant out is #2.

Will update all when this part arrives or when i do order it. For now, the car runs, but with a shorter hose :eh: