General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By outrider2400
#243984 Hi guys, I've been working on removing my D15's head for a little while (needs a new head gasket :roll: ) and I CANNOT seem to get the thing off of the block. I'm 100% sure i've got everything unplugged, and i'm sure that its the gasket thats holding the head on but I was wondering if anyone here had any tricks for this kind of thing.
By teal_dx
#244013 try a big mallet (not hammer) or using a pry bar pry the top end using something else on the bottom, such as transmission, as leverage.

Did you remove the intake manifold yet? that would be something to grab on to. You know there's a bracket under there holding it to the block right?
By chilango41
#244040 When I took the head off my b16 it had 2 hidden bolt that where holding the intake manifold. Check and see if there's some bolts holding your intake manifold from the bottom
By outrider2400
#244167 OK the head is loose now (rubber mallet) but those bolts on the intake manifold bracket are goddamn TIGHT!!!! how did you guys get those off? I've barely got any room to work in and its banging up my arms like crazy! well i suppose i'll get it eventually. Thanks for the help
By ghskid06
chilango41 wrote:I put the box wrench in there, I think it was a 12. Then a bigger wrench on the open end to make leverage :thumb:

X2 prob use this method everytime i do a motor swap atleast once somewhere on the car.