General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1STYLEN
#242493 Haha...ok this is a stupid and noob question. I. Which u guys can laugh at me on this...so my question is which way do i take off the crank bolt? Do i go counter clockwise or clockwise? Since the motor turns counter clockwise. Hahaha...
By HatchbackCrusader
#242494 Its all good. Turn it counter clockwise, BUT you need to hold the crank pulley with something so youre not just turning everything at the same time. What worked for me is I took a chain: bolted one end to the crank pulley using one of the holes in it, and the other end to the front tow hook connected to the chassis.
By EJ1STYLEN
#242497 Ok thanks..lol ok ill try out ur trick.
By kingjmack
#242511 I got my crankshaft holding tool from napa. I think moroso makes one too.
By Eg6H2D
HatchbackCrusader wrote:Its all good. Turn it counter clockwise, BUT you need to hold the crank pulley with something so youre not just turning everything at the same time. What worked for me is I took a chain: bolted one end to the crank pulley using one of the holes in it, and the other end to the front tow hook connected to the chassis.

that only works for d15bs witht eh holes in the crank pulley.. that i know off..
By EJ1STYLEN
#242899 thanks guys for all the advice...i got it off with an impact gun at work, hehe