General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By garrrymac
#242398 ok unless i have the most fuel efficient car in the world then my fuel gauge is stuck on full. iv never had this problem before on any of my cars so i dont really have a clue how to go about fixing it. i fitted a new filler pipe not so long ago but i dont think thats got anything to do with it as its been working fine since. not the biggest problem in the world as i can just use my milage to check my fuel but it would still be nice to get it fixed. anyone got any ideas?
By LaosToaster
#242439 i have the same problem too, but my meter is stuck on the 1/8 full mark. i'd like to kno how to fix it. im pretty sure the problem is in the fuel pump area. :?
By suspendedHatch
#242939 It's either the cluster, and you can swap the fuel gauge assembly out, or it's the float in the tank. If you take off your back seat you'll see that there's another access port that is not your fuel pump.

The way to know which one it is is to use a multimeter and follow the troubleshooting procedure in the manual. But most people are determined to waste their money...
By LaosToaster
#242957 hmmm, well i did play with the needles back then when i was taking out my cluster. i havent checked out the float in the tank.

what would be the procedures to check if its the cluster or if its the float in the tank??