General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ghskid06
#237804 Im looking for a good flowing muffler that doesnt sound like all the other cars ive had. I do t mind a little noise but no more fart cans. Is there a decent enough stock miffler from honda/acura that wont limit airflow? If not what is a good alternative?

D16z6 I/h
By si-b16
#237818 I'd Say a itr muffler or a magnaflow muffler there very quiet an smooth
By 94EJ2
#237833 a turbo muffler (thrush, magnaflow, ect....) would be a pretty good bet they only get noisy when your really on it and they have better flow than a stock
By That One Dude
#237836 I'm with si-b16. ITR axle back is the way to go if you want a quiet OEM muffler that will outperform all other stock mufflers that are a direct bolt-on for Civics and Integras.

If you could somehow get it to line up and fit properly, an S2000 muffler would do wonders as well. But good luck on that one...
By EJ1STYLEN
#237893 Get a 06 civic si muffler they flow great for stock muffler...
By mooze
#237899 im running a thrush turbo muffler. pretty smooth all the way through with 2.5 pipng. inlet is 2.5 also.check out my thread in the h series section for a video
By ghskid06
#237910 Thanks for all the replies. Itr or thrush seems to be the two common answers. Ill keep my eye out for an itr. If I dont find one soon ill order myself a thrush.
By DontHateonEG8
#237915 how much of the difference is between GSR and ITR axlebacks? they both have similiar engine setups so I would imagine that they have very similar axlebacks - if so then GSR mufflers are cheaper..
By mooze
#237927 u can get the thrust for around $30
By suspendedHatch
DontHateonEG8 wrote:how much of the difference is between GSR and ITR axlebacks? they both have similiar engine setups so I would imagine that they have very similar axlebacks - if so then GSR mufflers are cheaper..

No similarity. I'm pretty sure the GSR and LS axle backs are the same except for the tip.
By DontHateonEG8
suspendedHatch wrote:
DontHateonEG8 wrote:how much of the difference is between GSR and ITR axlebacks? they both have similiar engine setups so I would imagine that they have very similar axlebacks - if so then GSR mufflers are cheaper..

No similarity. I'm pretty sure the GSR and LS axle backs are the same except for the tip.

gotcha :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
DontHateonEG8 wrote:
suspendedHatch wrote:

gotcha :thumb:

I would believe the ITR oem muffler id is 2.25" withthe GSR and LS Being a 2.0" ID.
By Punksz6
#242413 I got a 2006 RSX Type S and it sounds nice.. :thumb: