General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By mattseg
#237151 :? What do you guys think about killer cams and can they be used with turbo
By JUICE
#237168 pretty sure the toda vtec killers your talking about are pretty much for race only NA motors.

you do know you actually remove the vtec solenoid and all when you run those cams..
By mattseg
#237170 :thumb: Ya i knew that you don't vtec anymore but i've seen them on youtube they sound different just thinking what peoples would think about i rumbling 4cylinder lol
By 94EJ2
#237173 they would think its a piece of shit thats misfiring thats what i think of when i hear killer cams
By eg84dr
94EJ2 wrote:they would think its a piece of shit thats misfiring thats what i think of when i hear killer cams
x2
i heard a 2jz with wicked cams and it honestly sounded like it was gonna blow up
By Eg6H2D
JUICE wrote:pretty sure the toda vtec killers your talking about are pretty much for race only NA motors.

you do know you actually remove the vtec solenoid and all when you run those cams..

Ive been wondering on this for a while now. why take out the vtec solenoid?? does that mean that the rocker are now different?? how does it work?.

:?
By JUICE
EG6b20R wrote:
JUICE wrote:pretty sure the toda vtec killers your talking about are pretty much for race only NA motors.

Ive been wondering on this for a while now. why take out the vtec solenoid?? does that mean that the rocker are now different?? how does it work?.

:?

from what i understand.. instead of your stock B16 cam having two profiles, one for normal driving then one for when you pops Vtak. well, this cam just runs the Vtak poppin profile all the time so there's no need for the solenoid assisted switch to Vtak.. it's all the time Vtak!! which is why they're only recommended for pretty much strictly race cars. or if you happen to keep your rpm's above 5 grand everywhere you go :thumb: