General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Fada Blayne
#236264 someone from a local forum offered to sell me his used JE pistons for a reasonable price, the only downside is that he says one of the pistons hit a valve leaving a small scratch on it. he claims its hardly noticeable. so in ur honest opinion guys do u think i should go ahead and purchase the pistons? please let me know asap, i need to carry on with my build!!! :lol:
By chrono404
#236275 Depends on how big it is, If it is really barely noticable then it might not be a bad deal. However if there are gashes in it then i would defintally pass. Once we see a pic we can give you our final opinion.
By Eg6H2D
#236528 When it comes to "Internal parts". Id go new. knowing there is nothing wrong with what I know I bought new.

Just it hittin a valve doesnt sound right. and it having a scratch barely noticeable.. Well he noticed it. so it's noticible. It's supposed to be smooooooth in there.... Remember. you get what you pay forrrrrrrrrrrrr....
:woot:
By Eg6H2D
chilango41 wrote:I wouldn't risk it. Just do it right the first time :thumb:

I agree.. :thumb:
By Fada Blayne
#236550 Its $75 for "barely used" JE pistons. Seller is even throwing in new piston rings. thats a steal. worst case i can jus buy a new piston.... will try getting a pic
By Enoch
#236803 Hi,
Its useless to say any thing about that piston without watching its pic.
If you want to ask about it then post a pic of that piston dear.

Hindi Dubbed Movies
Last edited by Enoch on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By 1ACarlos
#236855 Get a pic