General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By OleFolk
#235173 throw some alcohol in your tank along with some substitute or additive
It should burn real clean
By 92hatchie
OleFolk wrote:throw some alcohol in your tank along with some substitute or additive
It should burn real clean

my hatch has a gsr swap n bolt on so i wont pass
By EJ1STYLEN
#235315 Get the car bar'd and if any of ur bolt on have carb sticker you should be good.. Unless you can get somebody to hook ur smog test. Like lets say have some one else car be the smog tesg donor but have all ur info in the comp.
By chrono404
#235435 A way to cheat is to register your car in Grays Harbor or Thruston County. You dont need to get your car tested for emissions.

If you have family that lives in those areas register your car to their home and your set.
By Eg6H2D
chrono404 wrote:A way to cheat is to register your car in Grays Harbor or Thruston County. You dont need to get your car tested for emissions.

If you have family that lives in those areas register your car to their home and your set.

:thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#235959 what's the deal with the inspections out west. and smog?..

why are they sooooooo strict? :?
By Ajax1989
#235960 do what chrono said
or go about gettin the motor swap legit
in that state, like cali uses the BAR system for swaps
By Eg6H2D
94_jdm_ferio wrote:do what chrono said

and what is the BAR system and why? is what id like to know im curious.

because if it's about polluting the air. Mannnn aint nothing more polluting than those damn 18wheelers..
By Ajax1989
#235965 its all for smog, u gotta do a usdm motor swap and have all the emission devices and its has to be legit

and 18wheels are polluting as much as u think
the new ones about 08 to now have a engine that puts out cleaner air then it sucks in :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#235967 Damn.. but why are they so strict? is it the Air out that way that they want cleaner or is it the animals or something out in the wilderness they are trying to keep safe?? like what is it?. because damn if you can buy a car and not be able to do jack shit to it just sucks!!!!

like seriously!!
By Ajax1989
#235973 well in socal, we are surrounded by mts, so the smog can get blown off shores, so there hella strict, and everyone follows cali
By Eg6H2D
#235977 Ahhh so it just lingers in the air and wont go away. that's wack!!! I think California should invest in those huge ass white fans all over the place.. even those it's for energy or whatever but damn that does suck.. ..
By 92hatchie
94_jdm_ferio wrote:do what chrono said

the thing is i dnt have family in those areas.. the only reason y i was gonna get plates is cuz i got a ticket n imma need wa plates for court or a big ticket