General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By PaPaSmURf
#234978 Yesterday i was high pressure washing my engine with the disturber covered as well as the intake after the wash down the car wont start. im pretty sure the alternator went but was just wonder car water mess up the alternator ? the alternator is not even 6 months old yet ? Or do you guys think its something else because i didn't cover any other important parts.
P.S Its not the battery checked that already ?
By Stokes
#234989 Dry the engine and ancillaries thoroughly, including all connections.

Once everything is dry try to turn it over, if it still doesn't start check for blown fuses as the water may have shorted a connection.
By Carfanatic
#234991 Always clean your engine with water when the engine is warm, and leave it on.
Just a tip for next time.
By PaPaSmURf
#234993 Thanks you so much guys should i left it sit and let it air dry or get my electric dryer out and dry it out with that. Thanks again i really appreciate it.
By Stokes
#234998 Use your electric dryer.
By Gustavo
Carfanatic wrote:Always clean your engine with water when the engine is warm, and leave it on.
Just a tip for next time.

:thumb:
By asianrob
#235105 is it not wanting to turn over or just clicking?

i used that method about all the time and never had a problem turning on my car.
By hatchie
#235114 Its either water in dizzy cap or the crankshaft sensor....most common issues when washing motor
By honda power
hatchie wrote:Its either water in dizzy cap or the crankshaft sensor....most common issues when washing motor

what he said iv done it to 2 civics now... youd think id learn my lesson lol
By Ajax1989
#236578 ive sprayed purple power and high pressure washed my engine bay and ive never had this prob
By 94EJ2
#236593 i was my engine at the truck wash all the time i never have had a problem with it starting i dont cover anything but the air filter
By Enoch
#236802 Hi,
Its not a big problem dude. Let the engine dry or make it dry with any dryer.
It will start soon and always wash engine when it is a little worm not when it is too much hot.

9xm live tv