General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JohnAWESOME
#234330 Hey found a pretty good deal on what is listed as 96-00 civic hatch custom stainless steel exhaust. I was wondering if anyone knows if that will fit under my 94 vx hatch? Also it is a 3" from the header back way bigger than I was planing on going for my D15z1. Here is the listing
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/pts/2169175793.html
By asianrob
#234336 3" is big for that motor. if your planning on turbo it would be almost ideal. but yea it should fit. but keep in mind it will be a little shorter than your stock exhaust.
By JohnAWESOME
#234340 so you think if I leave my engine stock I am going to loose power from no back pressure? or is the back pressure thing just a myth?
By asianrob
#234483 you'll need some back pressure. i think you'll loose quite a bit of power. if you dont have any.
By Datsmart
#234529 asianrob is right, a 96-00 civic hatch exhaust will be too long for a eg hatch.

I helped Chrono install an eg Sedan exhaust into his 99 hatch and it fit perfectly. An eg Coupe/Sedan exhaust is too long for an eg hatch.
The EK Hatch exhaust Chrono put in his Del Sol needed 11" cut out of the center pipe. An eg hatch is not as short as a Del Sol, but it definitely shorter than the Coupe/Sedan length.