General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By the-hag
#229355 Hey guys I just bought a del sol for super cheap but I think the engine doesn't have much left in it. I would like to rebuilt the stock d15b7 from my '94 hatch. It has a warped head which is why i bought the del sol to begin with, and I was just wondering an approx. cost to rebuild the entire engine head and machine the block? I would most likely replace all the parts in the head myself so I guess I would only be paying for the machining?? This will be my first serious project and Im looking for no more then 180-200 hp, over the long term, and for now I would probably only replace the cam, valves, springs, and just stick with the stock rocker arms...does that make sense? I'm in Ontario Canada if that changes the prices at all I dunno... Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas! :)
Last edited by the-hag on Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
By lsvbeghatch
#229360 Well Idk about prices there but near my town there are machine shops that are very reasonable I can get a complete line bore done on a b16 head for under 300 cash I had valve guides put in for 90 type r valve guides cut and fitted I might add and I had the head milled down and that was 50 ill let you know about boring the block as I'm about to have that done!
By honda power
#232953 why would anyone want to build a d15b7? get your self a d16z6 for like a 100 bucks and build that if you wana build a d series
By JUICE
#232969 there are MASS amounts of JDM motor importers in Canada. find one thats local/close and i bet you can find a D15b non-vtec (if you wanna stay that route) for $500 or less. usually only about 45k miles and most will come with some sort of warranty.

for a little more it would be worth getting the D15B Vtec or D16ZC if you wanna make anywhere close to that kind of power out of a NA single slammer