General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#228272 Need yall opinion here:
As the topic say which is better HKS or K&N filters cuz those are the two i got my eyes on..
im talking bout flow, HP increase, better in the long run

THE HKS

THE K&N
By coldvision2000
#228284 Well I'v always been a fan of K&N great flow increase HP and better gas milage I have kit 57-3504 made for my model civic looks great and sounds awsome I havent heard much about HKS so I cant help you there here is the link to my filter

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product ... od=57-3504

and here is the Dyno on a test civic
http://www.knfilters.com/dynocharts/57-3504_dyno.pdf

here is a old pics on my engine bay with the Kit in it, dont worry my engine bay is much cleaner now :)

By robster
#228341 HKS suck
The K&N you postet is way to expensive.

My adwise is get an Integra box with a K&N droppin filter. Best bang for the buck.

and no open filter under the hood is good it only sucks hot air!
By jred
robster wrote:HKS suck
The K&N you postet is way to expensive.

My adwise is get an Integra box with a K&N droppin filter. Best bang for the buck.

and no open filter under the hood is good it only sucks hot air!

HKS suck huh? damn i bought it a few hours before reading this
well since i have it already i'll try it out then I'll know forsure cuz i was using a K&N before..
about the integra drop in box dont the box have a Hole at the bottom for the filter to breath? so isn't it still breathing in hot air? I think thats why aftermarket cone type filters were made"I maybe wrong on this" don't knoe
but i'll make a Heat shield jus like i did for the K&N and see how it goes.
will post a pic 2moro after im done :thumb:
By coldvision2000
#228526 So your saying its better if I just put my stock air box back in ? and wouldnt it be better if I did the tube thing to the stock air box ?
By jred
#228838 i had already bought the HKS so i jus went ahead and instaled it
IMO it breaths alot better than the K&N but you don't get the cool sound the K&N makes when you throttle "twarp" twarp". :lol:
im satisfied with the performance, we'll jus have to waite and see bout Durability
By jred
#228839 Image
By coldvision2000
#228891 Hey Suspendedhatch are you suggesting I should replace my K&N setup for a AEM short ram instead ? would there be any real difference between the filters ?
By blk92hb
#229156 no just the filter. the aem dry flow filter you dont have to oil. so in the long run its better.
By suspendedHatch
#229720 That, and K&Ns get your throttle body and intake manifold dirty because the oil on the filter seeps through it.