General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By str33tpr3p
#225852 I bought a breather tank not knowing to much about it comes with breather kit on top and 2 nozels out of the tank, and a hose i was wondering where all the tubes end up

Please help!!! :?
By str33tpr3p
#225853 Its for a d16z6 forgot to mention
By teal_dx
#225885 An unvented tank can be used in-line. In theory there is a line coming in and going out of the tank and the oil/blowby will stay in the tank. A line to use this on would be the one going from the valve cover to your intake. That can suck some nasty blowby back into the intake manifold. Also the one going from the black box on the back of the block to the intake manifold (with check valve in-line) can suck in blow by into the intake.
By str33tpr3p
#225945 So one going from the top of the valve cover to the nipple in the tank,
and the other one coming out of a black box on the back of the block?

On my engine the valve cover one goes directly into the intake for the cold air. So i motify that so it doesnt have to ?
By str33tpr3p
#225959 Here ill go snap a quick photo it will be easier for me understand !
Than if you could kinda tell me exacly which ones go where im pretty confused right now :?
By teal_dx
#225993 Yes the one you're holding is the line for the catch can :thumb: I'd get a new hose and run a separate line all together instead of messing with the metal piece of line.
By str33tpr3p
#225999 Alright and which is the second line?

1. Valve Cover
2. from black box on back on block ?
By teal_dx
#226136 Yes black box to intake manifold BUT the catch can you have will not work because of the breather on top. You would need one without a breather to put between the black box and the intake manifold. This is because it is going into the intake manifold after the throttle body so a breather on top will suck in air and cause your engine to have a very poor idle and run lean if your ecu doesn't go into limp mode. Also don't forget to re use the PCV valve (check valve) in your new setup between the black box & intake manifold.