General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories

LSV or H2B for Road Course/Autocross?

80%
20%
By EG*RYDER
#225309 Hey guys I'm debating on what motor set up i should do i cant decide whether to go LSV or H2B, what do you guys think, I'm not in to dragging anymore but i will be going the thunder hill a couple times a year so give me your experience and input and it will be appreciated!
By 93hatcheg
#225347 I would definatly go lsv im am a huge h2b fan but the h is quite heavy and wouldn't do nearly as well as the b in a autocross. But would yeid lmassive power
By Ajax1989
#225349 ^ ive herd that the h22 are only 20lbs heaver then b's

but imma say h2b
By 93hatcheg
#225363 really? ima do some research cause i was gonna go h23 bluetop h2D kit in my hatch but was told they are hella heavy and would have shit handling. maybe i should i searched better?? ill find out for us tho
By Ajax1989
#225364 ya i read on here awhile back, i think chrono said it im not sure tho
i cant really remember
By chrono404
#225479 As posted above H Series are 35lbs heavier then a B Series. However have much much more low end torque.

Also given the fact that Honda put the H22 together with a VTEC head already, and built it to Rev High, It should be more reliable. I have read the H22a JDM Tranny is the Same Gearing as a GSR Tranny. If your going to H2b it makes since to go with a b16 transmission.

If I was building a track Car. I would personally do a h2b with bigger rear sway bar, or a J32 Swap with totally upgraded suspension. Cant Beat the low end Torque to pull out of corners quicker. Also cant beat the performance for the Money.