General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#224047 i acidently used the wrong body oil on my b20vtec well it was more of a misscomunication with the service station and me, any ways they used 40 body nonsyntetic engine oil, i didn't know until the drive home when the engine started making a loud ticking noise the after 3000 RPM it started to miss fire....can sum1 please please tell me wats the damage there?
By ghskid06
#224049 drain the filth out of there and give it good oil, start it up and see. When you drain it though, run some good oil through it with the plug still out to make sure you really get it all, only after allowing it a very very very long time to drain. Then if its ok youll want to change the oil again soon to get the stuff out that was hiding on the cylinder walls etc.

Lets hope the missing/ exra pressure didnt cause any real damage.
By ghskid06
#224120 its extremely thick oil for our cars. Making the motor work way harder. And with as tight as the tolerances are in our cars, that is multiplied by some factor. Im not sure it would cause a misfire and not do any damage, but its worth trying. Isnt it possible that his engine just couldnt keep up with the computer?

I suppose you should also check your spark plugs to make sure none of them fouled out. I imagine some oil made it past the pistons.