General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JohnAWESOME
#223772 Ok I have a 94 vx and after it has warmed up when I come to a stop it just revs up and down. Is this an easy fix or is it one of those things that could be a ton of hunting for the issue?
By ghskid06
#223777 most likely you need to bleed your cooling system. There is a bleed valve on the in port of your system.
By JohnAWESOME
#223814 Hey guys thanks for the quick info. Is there a way to clean or service the IACV or just pick up a new one?

Also ghskid06 that car looks good I am in search of new headlights and was wondering if you knew what kind those are on the black sedan?

chilango41 Like your hatch wheels are nice. I cant wait till this spring then I can put some work into mine.
By ghskid06
#223815 Yes there is a way. All you have to do it pop it off the back of your intake and spray it out with some brake cleaner. Make sure the screen is clean. If you do this, bleed your system and your stiill having the problem, then your iacv likely needs replacing.

Thanks man, the headlights are just black housing ebay halo lights. Some people dont like them but i think they are pretty clean looking, and go really well with a black car.
By chilango41
ghskid06 wrote:Yes there is a way. All you have to do it pop it off the back of your intake and spray it out with some brake cleaner. Make sure the screen is clean. If you do this, bleed your system and your stiill having the problem, then your iacv likely needs replacing.

Exactly what he said.
Thanks, it just takes time :thumb:
By JohnAWESOME
#224113 Hey guys I will try that as soon as the weather changes for the better 22 degrees and snowing. Thanks
By JohnAWESOME
#224376 hey guys braved the weather today and cleaned out the IACV. The mesh had some crap in it so sprayed it out with brake cleanner and then air. then warmed up the car and opened that bleeder and got a few bubbles but nothing extreme. Tried to get it to have the idle problem again and couldn't so I figure its fixed. Thanks again :thumb: :hehe:
By JohnAWESOME
#225206 Drove the hatch to work yesterday with no idling issues seems to run smoother all together thanks again. Man I love being able to not put money into my car and it run better.