General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By zrock
#213285 Today my kid changed the plug wires and put teh timming cover back on the 1994 civic. She pulled all the wires off first not paying attention to where they ran. After a quick search we got the firing order right. The thing will barly start and when we get it started it seems to only be running of 3 or 3 cycl. Changed back to the old wires no change. Pulled the plugs and a few had a week spark so going to go get replacements. The car ran fine before she did this and iv checked for loose wires and found nothing. Any sugestions?
By Method
#213286 ask her what else she did, and to tell her to not touch the car every again. i'd double check the wiring for each cylinder.
By teal_dx
#213298 First, use OEM plug wires and the correct OEM NGK copper plugs (the regular old cheap ones, nothing fancy)

They're worth the $$, you can get them on ebay for cheaper than the dealership.

I've had problems with the junk brand from autozone and even aftermarket plug wires.
By zrock
Method wrote:ask her what else she did, and to tell her to not touch the car every again. i'd double check the wiring for each cylinder.

Well that sorta defeats teh pourpose of teaching her to repair her own car eh?

Well im thinking its a fuel or air problem... After changing plugs, wires rotor, cap and coil it runs no better. 3 out of 4 plugs have carbon build up after less than 5 min of running
By zrock
#213573 Well figured it out... stupid on my part instad of working clockwise on dist i was workin left to right and crossed 2 wires...

Lesson learned for teh Daughter always take pictures or look at what your doing before you tear it down... can't complain she is not afrade to get in their and work on it she had done the head gasket, brakes, interior, and wired in a sound system including sub. gotta give her credit for being 18 and this is the first time working on a car...
By Method
#213592 i win. i was right. :)