General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Adrian91
#212844 Im going to change my axles tomorrow. And i bought the car with the b18 swap. Want to change the tranny fluid. But How do i check the fluid? And how many quarts should i pour in? got a gsr trans
By 93hatcheg
#212856 there is a bolt on the lower passenger side of the tranny that has a square cut out in it. your 3/8 ratchet end will fit it in, remove that and the tranny oil will come out. once its finished draining put that bolt back in.

now there is another bolt about 10inches above that is noticably different from the others, remove this, fill tranny from this hole. the tranny is full of oil when oil starts coming out if this hole (no joke) should take almost exactly 2 quarts.

sorry i dont have pics hope it helps, it actually really easy
By ImThaBean
#212865 Just like 93EG said. there is a fill and drain plug. The fill plug I think is a 17mm and just like he said, just fill till it starts spilling out. but make sure the car is level when doing that if its leaning it may over/under fill the trans. You may want to run to the dealer and get new crush washers for them though. Just like the oil drain plug, you want to put on a new crush washer on ever time the plug is removed to keep a good seal.
By Adrian91
#212875 cool thanks guys
By asianrob
#212878 id would use the spot where the speed sensor goes its would be easier to use. get a funnel and go at it. it takes 1 1/2 of MOTOR oil. or Honda MT fluid.