General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By civic_man09
#212680 okay, so im thinking about buying a 93 accord for my g/f at a great deal. the only thing is the guy thats selling it said only one of the cylinders is flooding with gas when you try to start it. does anybody know what can cause this to happen??? i think it may be a fuel injector, but im not positive.. also im not sure how long hes been starting the car like this but with the cylinder being flooded like this how quick will it mess up the piston rings? and i havent went to look at the car or try to figure out whats causing this, im just trying to figure out the possibilities before i go look at it, so i know what i need to look for and what im up against.

thanks everybody :thumb:
By MG6
#213561 check the spark plugs
By NanoCar
civic_man09 wrote:okay, so im thinking about buying a 93 accord for my g/f at a great deal. the only thing is the guy thats selling it said only one of the cylinders is flooding with gas when you try to start it. does anybody know what can cause this to happen??? i think it may be a fuel injector, but im not positive.. also im not sure how long hes been starting the car like this but with the cylinder being flooded like this how quick will it mess up the piston rings? and i havent went to look at the car or try to figure out whats causing this, im just trying to figure out the possibilities before i go look at it, so i know what i need to look for and what im up against.

thanks everybody :thumb:

If you've decided to buy it then better check the o2 sensor too. And of course some of the honda accord parts or better yet have some replacements and restore it to make it look like a brand new. Good luck!