General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories

Which option?

12%
N/A
12%
65%
12%
By goodyearrr
#212370 Okay, so in the near future i want to get a new back box for my civic. Already got mid pipe, bought new stock one to pass the mot so its just the back box.

I want something that looks like the spoon n1 (discreet 2.5" tip) but with the sound of the apexi ws2 (not loud and raspy).

Because all my engine components are stock, i dont want to look like a ricer with a fart cannon (hence the spoon n1) but heard it CAN be loud.

Anyone know whether that silencer that spoon offer is worth it aswell or whether it strangles?

Or has anygone got a different setup they think would be best?

Cheers :thumb:
By goodyearrr
#212467 35 views 2 votes no comments, lol, definate bump
By foxgearshift
#212469 i think the silencer is good the sound wont be loud
By goodyearrr
#212520 have you got one? would i lose power with it on?
By 93hatcheg
#212545 dont do a n1 they are quite loud for my taste and the ws2 is a awesome muffler it is my favorite, not too loud and is a real muffler so it doesnt look all fart can like.

all you see is a nice tip not a connon under the bumper
By Greasedmonkey
#212575 world sport!
By goodyearrr
93hatcheg wrote:dont do a n1 they are quite loud for my taste and the ws2 is a awesome muffler it is my favorite, not too loud and is a real muffler so it doesnt look all fart can like.

all you see is a nice tip not a connon under the bumper

Been looking at loads of pictures and videos, it looks really good, like a expensive, flash, well made, well sounding stock exhaust lol.

Think i'll push it up as far as possible so its only really the tiip you see.

Cheers for the advice
By foxgearshift
#212731 u r not going to loose power i used to run b18c with spoon b pipe 2.5" and n1 back box n didnt loos any power, i think it depand on ur engine if u r running d16 with 2.5" u will loose power
By goodyearrr
#212820 i know i obviously wouldnt lose power with the n1, if anything ill gain over my standard back box, i was talkin about the £40 silencer they offer not the actual back box mate
By foxgearshift
#213101 i have tried the both ways one without any silencer n stock back box it was very good for the top end but bad for the take off, with the silencer my take off was better but i felt its like a bit slower after third gear, didnt try on dyno to proove if its true but this what i noticed when i tried..
can u put the link or a pic of that silencer
By chrono404
Greasedmonkey wrote:world sport!

x2

Apexi World Sport 2 is my faverate brand name exhaust. Sounds and looks amazing.

I loved it so much I was going to get one for my Delsol. However since they no longer make them I have a Custom Exhaust. headers, Testpipe, 2.5 to a Turbo Muffler. It give my b20 delsol a nice deep tone.
By Dippin_EG
#213545 GReddy Evo2 Catback, sounds B-E-Autiful
By foxgearshift
#213548 that silencer will reduce 20% of the sound not that much really...