General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By a94civicex
#209420 Okay, so I traded my old 95' civic for a 92' civic lx Saturday(08-07-10). Upon teat driving the car it drove perfect & perfect on the way home. Then Monday(08-09-10) it started this accelerating crap making the car bog down at normal temperature (making me believe I had put bad gas in it) it did this twice that day. I would say it did it around 1500 rpm then bogged down & caught & took off fine. Tuesday(08-10-10) it did the samething. On wednesday(08-11-10) I filled the car up from an "E-Full". It ran fine. So I checked the spark plugs & 3 were NGK & 1 was Bosch Platnum. So I immediately ran to the parts store, bought 4 new NGK plugs & seafoam to clear out all the carbon build up & swapped out the old plugs for new plugs after I ran seafoam thru the system using my brake boost vacuum (partsguy told me to run it that way because it's a direct feed into the motor instead of deluding it through gas). After all that the car ran nice & strong, no bog or nothing. Then thursday(08-12-10) it started to bog again more than 2 times when accelerating from. Complete stop. The car has a stock sohc zc swap with short ram intake if that matters. And it also had a new fuel pump put it when the swap was done back in March....

What can it be? Would a bad fuel filter cause it to bog down or could be bad injectors? The gas lines appear to be fine no kinks, etc (but I'm not ruling thY possibility

I replaced my fuel filter last friday(08-13-10) & it drove fine on my way home, drove the car yesterday monday(08-16-10) & today Tuesday(08-17-10) after leaving the car parked in my garage over the weekend & I'm still getting the "bogging" but it's not as bad. Could a bad catalytic converter be causing this "bog" that I'm getting. I've got an exhaust leak & it sounds like it's coming from around the cat & my heat sheild rattles like hell while the car idles. And I can feel like a slight rob of power when driving.

Please Help. This is getting on my damn nerves.
Last edited by a94civicex on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
By breez
#210851 Check your grounds first especially the one on the thermostat housing could be built up corrosion and the one from the chassis to the tranny.
By a94civicex
breez wrote:Check your grounds first especially the one on the thermostat housing could be built up corrosion and the one from the chassis to the tranny.

from what i could see with daylight running out the thermostat ground looked fine & the tranny to chasis ground definately looked fine.

any other ideas as to what it could be?