General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 671LUDER
#208530 i have tanabe medallion exhaust on my car its an alright exhaust but the only thing is when i start it in the morning it has a vibrating sound coming from it and the only time the noise goes away is when the motor is warmed up i checked under my car and the exhaust is not hitting anything at all what do you guys think it could be????
By VerLee24
#208538 ummm my guess is that the honda tuning when its in closed loop isnt as smooth as when its at normal operating temp..? :?

...or another out there idea would be the thermal rate of expansion.. when the exhaust is cold there is a gap somewhere but when it heats up it expands and stops vibrating...
By 671LUDER
#208539 do you think i should just change the exhaust
By MG6
#208553 could be the connection from pipe to pipe which started to show wear. Jack your car up and take a look at your system. See where exhaust water is coming out and if your connections are loose.

Question: did this happen when you first installed the system?
By 671LUDER
#208557 the vibration noise is pretty loud until the motor warms up but its only at the exhaust end and i bought the car with the exhaust on it already
By suspendedHatch
#208630 Your hardware is loose and when the exhaust heats up, the hardware expands and tightens up.

I would take it to an exhaust shop so they can put it on the lift.
By 671LUDER
#208727 thanks i will try that