General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By TENGOKU25
#208222 ok ive been reading and looking about and it seems like we all seem to get the same problem with the VTEC Solenoid Gasket .. i can seem to only find this one ...
.. but guys are saying this 1 wont fit with out spliting as its not the same same shap only the 91 nsx will ? but i cant seem to find any the right shap... left sides the old 1 rights the new 1 and the ringed point is were it splits
Image as you can see the difference in the shape

so can some 1 shed sum light on this please
.... and as well i need to know about that green sensor and the plug going in to it as im in the mid of doing a d15b7 swap to a d16z6 and my old d15 did not have that wire sensor so im woundering will i need it ?
Image[/img]
By teal_dx
#208227 Looking at the ECU pinout, you'll need to run the vtec solenoid to the A4 pin.

Vtec colenoid on a stock D16z6

There are 2 wires on the Oil Pressure sensor.

on a stock D16z6

The black wire is ground, orange goes to D6 on the ECU

Looking straight into the back of the sensor, the wire in the bottom of the pic will run to the D6 pin on the ecu, the top wire is just run to the chassis as a ground. Just be sure you have the sensor the right way when determining the D6 wire from the ground, hold it and compare the tabs on the outer edge to those in the pic. Use some connectors and heat shrink, do it right. If you can't get the harness clips to connect to the sensors, you can use a small butt connector and cover it with silicone as I did. I filled that back area of the sensor with silicone to make it weather proof.

Here is where you wish you had a 1992 hatch. All 92 hatches were pre-wired for vtec up to the passenger shock tower. Just look at the color of the wires for the A4 and D6 pins on the ecu and find them at the shock tower. Tap into them there and connect your sensors. Otherwise you will have to run the 2 wires through your firewall to your ECU.
By TENGOKU25
#208228 that will help for that part 1 down. naw for my main problem
By blk92hb
#208232 i didnt have the problem with my gasket try the 92 z6 gasket. thats what i had in my car and i got the gasket from honda :?
By TENGOKU25
#208233 did it look just like the top 1 ?
By TENGOKU25
#208442 ok ill give it a try then