General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jred
#207401 im almost finish with my b20vtec build "simple build" all stock parts for now.b16a head b20 block.
Can i use my stock b16 ecu as a temporary sub? (for bout a month), until i get my Hondata.
if so what do i have to do for it to run safe until i get the management system?
By poorman type-r
#207404 i cant answer the second question for ya but my friend used a b16 ecu on his b20v and it ran like shit. i'm not sure if the ecu was just failing or what. But thats all i got to tell ya. i will research for you and let you know.
By poorman type-r
#207406 Actually i was reading on Honda-Tech and they said to use the ecu of the head your using, so i guess the ecu might have been fucked up in my friends car. So i'm guessing you should be alright. If anything go get a street tune.
By jred
#207414 thanks, i was doing some research myself and i read on a forum a guy said to get a adjustable FPR ( dont know if this is necessary ) did your friend have a Adjustable FPR? what psi was his at?
By poorman type-r
#207469 Nah he didn't have one. All his fuel managment was stock, he did get a street tune though and the guy adjusted the injectors.
By asianrob
#207492 id go ahead and get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator if anything id probably run a P30 or P72 ECU or chipped P28.

your need that FPR when you tune it anyways.