General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By chrisscott
#204897 anyone done this? is it worth while to do on my manifold.
ive heard you have to wet it when put on is this true.

and is there any difference between normal exhaust wrap and ceramic exhaust wrap
By JUICE
#204906 as long as you have a quality header/manifold that won't crack under the heat. and unless your making big power, your not gonna notice a performance difference
By Ajax1989
#204912 wrapping them will increase the heat inside the header which will make it flow better and also decreasing some heat the header puts out..

this is why i put my heat shield back on till i got my dc header
but there wont be any hp gain
By blk92hb
#204916 i have done this, no you dont have to wet it, yes it helps with performance by letting the exhaust flow faster out of the header because the heat can escape faster, and there wont be as much heat under the hood so if you got a short ram intake then the wrap will help more than if you dont.
By Torch_Ind
blk92hb wrote:i have done this, no you dont have to wet it, yes it helps with performance by letting the exhaust flow faster out of the header because the heat can escape faster, and there wont be as much heat under the hood so if you got a short ram intake then the wrap will help more than if you dont.

+1

mainly keeping your under hood temp lower makes all the difference
By civicboy18
#205553 ive tried this on my ride. noticed a slight differrence everytime i pop the hood. ( a bit cooler) for me, its worth installing the wrap. :)