General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By b4ville
#204212 hi i have d15 engine on my civic 94 my question is ..whos the best vtec controller for my engine and how many brands exist.
By chrono404
#204220 the best solution is to take your car to a tuning shop and have them chip and tune your ecu.

Unless you have done major mods for your car, I.E. Cam work, higher compression Pistons, etc, adjusting where vtec comes in wont help you out. Honda has the tune set to make good power reliably. Changing the VTEC Engagement point wont help you net any more power unless you have the mods to back it up.

Also unless you have the JDM d15b VTEC, or a Mini-me. You Most likely dont have vtec. If the spark plugs face the front of the car. its a vtec head, if the face the back of the car. then its Non-Vtec.

I also moved this thread as it has nothing to do with the Sedan Chassis.
By Ajax1989
chrono404 wrote:Honda has the tune set to make good power reliably. Changing the VTEC Engagement point wont help you net any more power unless you have the mods to back it up.

x2

ya honda has a reason why vtec kicks in about 5500 RPM
when the power band on the stock profile on the cam starts to fall off
vtec kicks in and the power band cont. on..

now adjusting it will prob hurt your powerband

**this info was tought to me by a honda tech of 22yrs.. my info might be a lil off tho cause its been a few months**
By b4ville
#204327 thanks guys for all ... my engine is d15b jmd ........ in the workshop told me that.....
By teal_dx
#204345 You can use a P28 ecu for that motor. P28 is from a D16z6 but air/fuel curves are almost identical. If you wanted, you could have it professionally chipped to run tuning software (not ebay) and have it dyno tuned for your JDM D15b :thumb: