General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Eg6H2D
#203751 Anyone know how to or is there a do it yourself. I looked here and didnt find any.. ?? :?
By Torch_Ind
EG6b20R wrote:Anyone know how to or is there a do it yourself. I looked here and didnt find any.. ?? :?

are you pulling the head?

it requires a valve spring compressor tool.

if your doing it on car it will be a special spring compressor and you will need a fitting to put mild air pressure in the cylinder to keep the valve from falling in the cylinder
By Ajax1989
#203781 valve spring compressor or really strong thumbs
By Greasedmonkey
#203793 bluepoint/snapon makes a tool for this. I has it. works great. the head will need to be off the block though.
By Eg6H2D
#203908 Yea i have the tool. the one that hooks up to the actual springs and compresses it, ill be doing this witht eh head on. well attempt, just scared of dropping a valve. so like need to see how to keep the valve up. Compressed air how and through where?
By Eg6H2D
#203913 Chances are i probably wont be able to send air into the cylinder to prevent the valve from dropping. umm How about if i ZIP TIE to keep it from dropping and take it off once the spring is in place. ??? what do you guys think?.
By VerLee24
#203937 with an air compressor through the spark plug hole with the piston at TDC before the power stroke
By Sabes
#205856 here is a trick not to many people know about. Take some small diameter nylon rope and with the piston at top dead center feed her in through the spark plug hole until she is stuffed in there :)
a nice easy solution