General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1-danny
#202821 So I have a ws2 header back no cat with test pipe and flex pipe when I step on it it smokes white but it don't smell like nothing.....is the smoke because there's no restriction in the exhaust or is it somethin else ???? It's a 94 si btw
By TrailerTrash
#202822 your engine smoking has nothing to do with the exhaust...
By EJ1-danny
#202839 I disagree because if I had a fried piston or no oil my muffler or exhaust would smoke but my question rather is "is it normal for my exhaust to smoke when I go fast ?" :?
By Torch_Ind
{ikon}EM1 wrote:Like dude said ur exhaust has nothing to do wit ur motor smoking... u might be burning oil if anything

rings and/or valve seals dude your blowing oil when you your revving out

having high flow exhaust will make it worse because your engine can breath at it's full and suck the oil from anywhere it will let it pass by.
By Eg6H2D
#202898 What can make a vehicle smoke more would be

Piston rings, but that would be an exxagerated amount.
Vlave seals, yes smoke because oil would be going into the cmobustion chamber burning the oil and making it smoke.

Sensor, TPS, O2 running rich , more fuel then air being brought in.

A common thing that is done to Civic Si's is people use another ECU aside from the stock p28.

Some examples would be the use of a GSR(p72) ecu.. Or a B16 P28.

92-95 Civic Ex/Si have stock p28 tuned for the compression of 9.2:1.

the b16 p28 wit somewhere around 10.2 or 10.4:1 and GsR p72 is at 10.6:1 i believe.

If your engine is bone stock using the stock pistons, it's not good to use the High CR ecu's on your stock d16z6(92-95 Ex/Si) with a 9.2:1 compression. the other ecu's will give the engine more gas that it can burn or compensate with air. in turn it will run rich and smoke will come out the EXHAUST and be noticible. Also pistons will get hotter then they are supposed to, burning the rings, creating more smoke, and eventually melting your piston to your sleeve.

So yea check ur ecu, if anyhting slap the stock p28 on it if it's swapped and see what happens then. should be ok. if nothing messed up internally

Also having no CAT in the exhaust system will let you see smoke more frequently since the exhaust system is now Filterless. but the gain in power will be a lil more more since the exhaust is going through with noooo restrictions.

Hope this helps EJ1Danny. :D