General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ShawnTRD
#202397 OK First I've had my 95 for 2 years , and I always turn my key on and wait till the CEL (Check Engine Light) goes off before starting it. And it would always start right up strong. When the CEL is on I can hear that I believe is the fuel pump. When the light goes off the pump goes silent. Lately I've been noticing when I stop at a store and go to leave shortly afterwords (less the 1hr) the car starts and idles really low and seem like it's starving for fuel or flooded out. Twice now I gone to start the car and the CEL doesn't go off, I can't hear what I think is the fuel pump, and when I try to start it she won't start.

So is it a pump going bad?
A fuel relay? If so where is it?
Something else?
By Eg6H2D
#202903 It's rare for the fuel pump to go on a honda. unless you have that lucky honda..

fuel pump Main relay it located under the dash on the driver side above the fuse box. so pull out the botton part paneling under the sterring wheel. it's a brown box bolted to a bracket with a plug. u cant miss it. when you turn ur key and u can hear you pump prime behind you and you crank and it wont start then it's definately your fuel pump relay.

Need a new one you can get it here.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... K:MEWAX:IT

got mines from him last year. got it in about a day. still working!! =]
By ShawnTRD
#202931 Picking up a relay today from Advance for $30 (coupon for $20 off $50). If that doesn't work I'll be back.
By ShawnTRD
#203138 K well I change the relay Friday. At first I was thinking it wasn't the problem. Seemed like I still had the same problem with rough idle (for 5 seconds) when hot. But I've been driving around and it looks like it might be getting better. I will see how it goes this week.