General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1STYLEN
#198066 hey guys problem again...later on today i started hearing like a hissing sound whenver i would hit the gas...it sounded like a exhaust leak, i have a 4-2-1 header and i think its coming from where the header and the downpipe meets...i might think its the gasket on the downpipe is wasted...cause when i was looking at it, like around the downpipe were the bolts are at its kinda like it has like rusting or burnt looking. so i might think its the gasket. and while i was looking at it i saw that it had 2 gasket on the downpipe. doesnt it only suppose to have 1 not 2? but yeah, and another question does it suppose to have a gasket were the downpipe and cat meet suppose to have a gasket too or not? like a ring of some sort? if you guys could help me get that annoying hissing kinda sound i would really appreciate it...
By teal_dx
#198085 You're correct on everything. I don't know why there would be 2 gaskets though... I'd replace the one that is leaking and worry about the double layered one if it ever starts leaking :thumb:
By EJ1STYLEN
#198125 idk either why it had 2 gasket...thanks teal, i just ordered a new downpipe gasket now just waiting for it to come *sigh* until then :x ....oh do you guys know were to buy a stud for the headers cause one of stud fell off or it been missing that i just notice...
By chilango41
#198144 A regular bolt will do. I forgot the measurement :thumbdown:
By EJ1STYLEN
#198210 I mean th bolt that hold the flange on the block...
By chilango41
#198275 Yea a bolt thats not too long will do.
By EJ1STYLEN
#198400 oh ok..thanks guys