General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By CaliEJ2
#196440 i apologize if i put this in the wrong spot...lol

ok i bought some feeler blades so i can adjust my valves. But im confused because each blade has two different sizes written on it. For example .006 and .008 on one, then .007 and .009, then .008 and .010. which one do i use? or did i get the wrong blades? the package i got says go-no-go feeler gauge.
By forcefedEG
#196470 those types of feelers are tpaered i believe, i would recomend getting a standard set if its your first time doing it... :thumb: but what you have can work, it may just take some getting used to using them...
By Method
#196525 as a side note, your car must be dead cold. let it sit over night, then do it the next day before ever turning it on.
By CaliEJ2
teal_dx wrote:I have not ever used those kind, but are they thicker and then thinner on each end of the blade? So the middle is the "sweet spot" :?

no it seems like its all the same size.... but i returned them anyways. I want to do this right the first time.

as a side note, your car must be dead cold. let it sit over night, then do it the next day before ever turning it on.

yup yup...thats what i was gna do...i was planning on doing it in the morning... nothing better to do besides waking up and working on my car... haha

Times two on that^^
Get this mofos Twisted Evil
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1260 ... ockType=G1

dam those are awesome. I just bought some from Kragen with only 15 blades and theyre just flat for 5 bucks. Maybe i should go get these.... and theyre Craftsman too!!!
By chilango41
#196691 Yea those are beast lol I used them when I did the valve adjustment too :thumb:
By CaliEJ2
#196773 So i was about to do my valve adjustment this morning when i realized that the dam blades dont even have the sizes i NEED to do it. It actually skips them. What kind of shit is that?!?! :x .... so im gonna go and get those craftsman ones 8). But do i have to wait till it cools overnight or can i just wait a couple hours?
By Dippin_EG
#196778 i'd say maybe 8 hours but probably more... the metal keeps heat inside even if its cool to the ouch