General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Spitfire Riggz
#195202 I didnt really know where to put this so how about general? So I was thinking there would be tons of threads about this seeing as exhaust systems are one of the main reasons guys get burned for. I want to know whats the best sounding (when i say this i say it with nice in mind not loud) exhaust system for OUR generation civics. I know that greddy evo2s are recommended and I love Apexi ws2. They say Apex N1 was good but it sounded kinda farty too me. These were recommended for 6th and 7th gen civic. What do you guys think? In the near future id like to upgrade my exhaust to something nice, what do you recommend for our 5th gens?
By dbrooks
#195216 I wouldn't buy anything but an apexi ws2!
By EricM
#195217 ^^^^X2!!! :woot2: :woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2::woot2:
By Carfanatic
#195219 HKS Hi-power will do the trick for me on a B serie..
By Spitfire Riggz
#195327 Yeah change that to a X3! Because that was my personal choice too
By GSRgoodies
#196458 tanabe makes a great exhaust for the eg, and HKS does too
By dbrooks
Spitfire Riggz wrote:Yeah change that to a X3! Because that was my personal choice too

then you definitely know what's up! Haha good luck finding one :thumb:
By Spitfire Riggz
dbrooks wrote:
Spitfire Riggz wrote:Yeah change that to a X3! Because that was my personal choice too

then you definitely know what's up! Haha good luck finding one :thumb:

Why? Youve got me scared now! Lol just order it online no?? :P
By chrono404
#197910 Depends on what you want from your exhaust.

I personally like high performance quite setups. They best route to achieve this is to get a custom exhaust built for you. Make sure the shop will use Mandel Bends(same size in bends, not bent or crushed). Have them use resonators to keep it quite as well as a Turbo Muffler at the end for a stockish look and a Nice deep tone.

If you want something loud get any random exhaust most people on here will recommend. If you want it loud. you WILL get pulled over for "modifed" exhaust and given a fix it ticket.($109 in Washington Satte or get a new muffler and only pay the state $75)

If you need a "Name Brand" exhaust I would say get the Greddy evo2 as its a nice deep tone, and sounds pretty cool. However it has a "Fart can" look to it so you have a good chance pm getting pulled over for modified exhaust.

Also keep your catalytic converter. Taking it out wont give you much more performance unless its super clogged. It will make your car much louder with out one and your exhaust will stink badly. If you garage your car it will smell like rotten eggs when you step out of the car. That also gets old very fast.

Good rule of thumb for exhaust size is 2.25-2.5" for n/a B/D 2.75"-3" for Turbo D/B. Putting 3" exhaust on your n/a B/D will have it make less power then 2.5" as you loose the pulsing effect.
By mistergou
#197967 skunk2 :thumb:
By robster
Mordiiax wrote:Integra type r midpipe and Spoon N1. Sounds so nice, the looks are to die for and it all fits the car like a glove.

Is there a botle neck at the N1 muffler?
By Eg6H2D
#197975 My Favs**--**--

Greddy SE(Spectrum Elite) Great low sound can barely hear it until Wide open throttle.

Apexi Ws2- Sexy , shiny, and great low sound.

Apexi WS2 NOIR ( Black)- I actually have this one installed in my EG now. So quiet until vtec kicks in and Wide open throttle. and personally i havent gotten any unwanted attetion from the PO-PO... LOVE it!!. =]
By Mordiiax
robster wrote:
Is there a botle neck at the N1 muffler?

What do you mean?