General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 93hatcheg
#193961 does anybody get hassled when they go to smog there car with a wire tuck?

i could defiantly see this happenin over here in cali...some smog guy would pop the hood and see no wires or lines and go WTF and fail you.

just curiuos because i know that you cant get a car bar'd for new motor wit a tuck.

let me know thanks
By chilango41
#194003 Nebraska, you dont have to worry about inspections :thumb:
By teal_dx
#194023 [img]just%20curiuos%20because%20i%20know%20that%20you%20cant%20get%20a%20car%20bar'd%20for%20new%20motor%20wit%20a%20tuck.[/img]

I've heard the exact same thing for Cali. In OH, all that matters is it passes the sniffer if it is OBD1.
By 93hatcheg
#194030 damn cali smog sucks balls :x i dont think ill have a issue with smog and a tuck cause like the smog has nothing to with the wiring but you never know here :x

i still wanna hear more from people cali with tucks but thanks for the info guys
By Ajax1989
#194031 go down to a smog place and ask them :thumb:
By EJ1STYLEN
#194139 i wouldnt think they would care...i would think some smog tech would know about wire tuck....
By Honda4life
#194155 Are u obd1 and what motor are u tryna smog? White tuck won't matter
By Ajax1989
#194167 as long as all the EMISSION parts are there and hooked up, i dont think they care, so purtty much ever sensor needs to be hooked up and all the vacuum lines need to be there and goin to the rite spots :thumb:

cali+emission= :x

this state is so strict about emissions its funnie, and they have found out its not the emissions from our cars that cause the hole in the ozone, but there gettin stricter and sticter every year :?

just wait there tryin to pass a law were OBD1 and older have to be smog yearly, and if your car is 1975 or older you dont have to smog, well there tryin to get that were 1969 and new have to be smoged

you gotta love cali
By EJ1STYLEN
#194261 yea im trying to smog my car right now...for a test only smog cause i bought a eg like 3weeks ago and i need a test only smog, but i have a intake which is not carb legal cause it look like a ebay intake...hehe are you in nor-cal or so-cal? cause i was searching on craigslist for smog place...and i hit this guy up and i asked him that i have a eg that i just bought and it has a intake but its not carb legal and he was like bring it down and they like bypass it like its stock intake on there...so probably tomorrow ill take it to him first thing in the morning...and ill let you guys know about it....so yea' if your from nor-cal ill let you know and ill ask the guy if its cool if you got a wire tuck and get it smog....if any of you guys here in the forum from san jose, and need tires i work for goodyear, ill give you guys hook up on tires...lolz
By Ajax1989
#194264 after the smog it would be a good idea to get the stock intake, casue you can get a ticket by chp, local pd or sheriff for havin a non carb intake.., this is wat i did, i got the stock intake wit a K&N filter :thumb:

nd im in socal, if that question was towards me..lol
By 93hatcheg
#194267 yea i would iether get a legit CAI or a stock intake...my dads a chp and im in the hiring process to be a chp and there are some out there that are totall dickholes...no joke im sure you probably already know this tho lol

any who yea i didnt think there would be a problem cause it doesnt have anything to do with emissions really but you never know here in cali.

and the new smog law their tryin to pass about obd1 cars is horse sh!t :x
By Ajax1989
93hatcheg wrote:
and the new smog law their tryin to pass about obd1 cars is horse sh!t :x

x322343654765

it sucks, but off topic, am i gonna see ur hatch on sunday?
By 99cx
#194272 im not sure what its like down in Cali
but in ontario and most other provinces if you know the righ pople you can get a hot e-test. they aint cheap but if thats your last resort.
By egsedanguy
teal_dx wrote:[img]just%20curiuos%20because%20i%20know%20that%20you%20cant%20get%20a%20car%20bar'd%20for%20new%20motor%20wit%20a%20tuck.[/img]

I've heard the exact same thing for Cali. In OH, all that matters is it passes the sniffer if it is OBD1.

yes teal thats right. if you go get a motor barred with a tuck they wont even look at it. so like i did, i bard n smoged car first then did the tuck. plus ther should be no hassel with it being tucked for smog. all they do is check the timing and make sure you have the sensors ther still. so i dont think you should have to worry. but to be on the safe side i would just cruise to a local smogshop and ask. personally you will be fine. just tell em u smoged it last year and the year befor with the tuck and never had issues.
By Honda4life
#194288 Yea I agree just go to a local smog shop and ask some questions. Doesn't hurt to ask. You should be fine honestly unless like everyone else is say that if your looking to bar your motor. Cali smog is so strict it's rediculous