General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1-danny
#193248 so i just bought a Apexi world sport 2 off of THmotorsports.com really good site they keep you updated with your order but anyways i got the exhaust and now i need some headers i order some megans off of importdpsonline.com horrible site those guys are fucking faggots im still fighting with them to get my money back from them for the headers they never sent me... do you guys know if those cheap headers on ebay are worth checking out i see a few say 90day warrenty but dont know if they worth it :? :? oh by the way my car is a 94 SI D16Z6
By forcefedEG
#193370 i have an ebay header on my dd, and its done fine for quite some time now, the header was used when i got it, its going on about 3yrs old now, and has served well.... :thumb: i cant say anything bad about them though... the turbo manifolds are a diff story, but thats for another thread lol
By EJ1-danny
#193796 thanks for the info... have you used a ebay turbo ?? idk alot of people say stay away from ebay turbos but every once and a while you get a guy who says their turbo works really good...... i found this site what you think of the kit its a really good ...price kinda to good to be true

http://www.cxracing.com/mm5/merchant.mv ... Code=Civic
By forcefedEG
#193932 ebay turbo manifolds that come in the $500 to $800 kits = fail imo
unless its a cast iron unit, i havent had problems out of cast iron ones...

i have used ebay turbos before and have had great luck with them, i have a ebay t3/t4 .60 on my car now, it works great... i have nothing bad to say about ebay turbos.... however i wouldnt buy a whole kit off of there...
By EJ1-danny
#193947 you think i can get a good turbo kit for around 700-1000 for my D16 i wanna keep the stock motor and go boost but for a decent price and what should i look for in a turbo kit i dont know anything about turbo kits except the sound it makes lol
By forcefedEG
#193952 personally if you get an ebay kit for around 800 with a cast manifold, it would probally serve you ok,

http://www.treadstoneperformance.com/pr ... +Turbo+Kit <- there kits are really nice (the pipe kit is awsome its the one i got when i pieced my kit)... a little more than you were asking to spend, but imo it would be worth it, when turboing a car theres a few things outside of the inital kit you need to consider,

like an ecu/tuning, injectors, fuel pump and regulator and guage, possibly turbo timer, and i even invseted in a lsd and traction bars... and am now finally having to get a good clutch... all of that stuff i just listed is well over $1000 boosting a car isnt a cheap process, and it dosent pay off to skimp out, id save and do it right and do it once... :thumb: honestly i probally had over 2500 in everything i did probally way more... boost is an expensive but very rewarding route to go... honestly id save up all you can and get all the parts you can and do it right... its been said on here sooo many times research, research, research... :thumb: