General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By EJ1STYLEN
#193159 does anybody know if when you get your car smog test do they put the carb number sticker in the computer or call to see if its legit? cause when i bought my eg8 it had a short ram intake and by looking at it. its one of those ebay type intake. and now i have to get it smog tested in order for me to get my regestration swap to my name and get the new reg. sticker....so im wondering if they put that on the system cause i might just borrow my homeboy AEM short ram that have a carb sticker, keep in mind he has a ek with a d16 in it. so im guessing it might work since its a d-series in there too....so any advice be nice or input...thanks
By 93hatcheg
#193215 generally they just key it in so that they have proof it was on the car....i have had people let me give them numbers off my buddies car to pass mine CAI thats a ebayu one lol.
By Punksz6
#193259 I think it depends on where ur located and who u go to...I usually just keep my stock/oem parts for when I gotta do smog..The last time it took me about 4 times before my car passed but that was becasue of my header not getting the cat hot enough...
By EJ1STYLEN
#193334 the reason i ask was because i just bought the car and the guy i bought it from just gave me the stock headers but not the stock air box...i just might borrow my boy aem intake with the carb sticker and return it back when its all done...hehe
By Ajax1989
EJ1STYLEN wrote:the reason i ask was because i just bought the car and the guy i bought it from just gave me the stock headers but not the stock air box...i just might borrow my boy aem intake with the carb sticker and return it back when its all done...hehe

yes the smog tech is susposed to enter the carb number into the computer, they might just pop the hood and not even give a shit, but there more then likey to enter the carb number, and i think that carb number is for the part, not the car so you should be good, if not hit up the local junk yards or craigslist for a stock box :thumb:
By suspendedHatch
#193493 No, the carb number has to be approved for the year and engine. If you try a 96 carb number on your 92-95, it will come back fail.
By EJ1STYLEN
#193535 ah, idk ill just talk to one of my boys friend that works at a smog place and tell him i bought the car like that...hehe will see