General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By j0keefe21
#192952 ok so i just put back in my basically stock d15 for a little and it ran fine at first. i had tuned it a little on crome and then one day when i step on it and only when i hit100% throttle my wideband will go all the way lean. thinking it was my tune i adjusted the tables and still no luck, so i swapped out the chipped computer for a completely stock ecu. still does same thing. runs fine around town but when i step on it it goes super lean but on decel it does cut the injectors which makes me think the map is working... and btw when i say lean i mean my gauges maxes out at 20 to 1 and with my aftermarket regulator i need 80psi for it to idle at 14.7. having a hard time figuring it out...i back probed my harness at the ecu and got a good ect reading and my map seemed fine at idle
By j0keefe21
#192969 just a no name regulator but my issues started when i had the stock regulator on it, i only put the after market one on bc i thought my stock one had gone bad. its just a d15b7 with a6 cam and the z6 manifolds. i ran it a very long time with no problems. then i put a "built" motor in and it was fine then the problem occured out of the blue and it smoked the rings out my high comp setup. so i swaped in the old b7 i had in it before and i still had the problem. thinking it was the tune i went to a stock p06. still not working. it has a walboro 255 and i did use the same IM and sensors with both motors. thats why i tested the readings on them.
By forcefedEG
#193022 have you ever replaced your fuel filter? and do you have a fuel pressure guage?
By elrompetoto
forcefedEG wrote:have you ever replaced your fuel filter? and do you have a fuel pressure guage?
times 2 allso pull out ur pump and put it in a bucket of watter and put i think its 20psi on the out let side and check if u have air coming out the inlet side............. (not shore if its 20psi or less)......... some times the check valve on the pumps go bad usaly this givesd u hard start but sins its a racing pump it mite put out enuf 2start the car butnot 4 wot....good luckk
By j0keefe21
#193718 all the check valve does is hold fuel pressure in the system while the car is off so it will start right up. if that goes bad it causes extended crank time. it dosnt affect the pumps output.

filter is about a year old. might replace for shits and giggles. but i did find with KOEO my map only produced 2.9v which seems very low to me which would mess up my barometic reading and WOT. anyone confirm thats low?
thanks
By j0keefe21
#193820 thats what i was thinking but then i realized stock map sensors can read boost so KOEO wouldnt make it read close to the referance signal. i think i need to replace the filter and check my lines and go from there bc all my sensors have checked out.
By j0keefe21
#194075 tried fuel filter and its still doing the same thing.. anyone heard of a walboro giving out after only 8 months?
By j0keefe21
#194339 stock injectors and they have worked fine for a very long time with the setup. its not an issue that progressivly got worse its just something that happened one day... i pulled my pump and flow tested it . it flowed a gallon in about 50sec. and with my fpr it will produce over 80psi if i want it to
By suspendedHatch
#194558 Pull the plugs and verify that you're running lean.

Do the proper MAP sensor test procedure if you suspect the MAP.