General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By 93hatcheg
#191413 any one have any experience with these i have one on my z6 and it take up almost all the threads on my head.

as in the studs dont come out the end of the nuts holding on the im. is that normal?

im trying to track down the reason my idle surges :x bleed my coolant, cleaned iavc, tightened fitv. and put in new hondata IM gasket and oem honda TB gasket, also replaced all my vaccume lines.

im lost on this :?

could by ignition timing by anyway in hell have any effect over this??? i dont think i could but i dont know for sure... thanks every one
By CaliEJ2
#191421 i had one on my b16a and it also took up the space of the studs. its just that theyre so thick. i took my car to a local tuner and he told me to throw that shit away cuz it was garbage, but i just left it on. But IMO i would just use a stock one. I doubt you will see a significant change by putting it on :? .

As for your idle. you pretty much did what i would tell you. Just double check the vacuum hoses. Including the ones for your PCV.
By Punksz6
#191461 I didn't have any trouble with mine when I put it on and I think temps are a lil lower becuase its does not get as much heat soak as the stock...For it to work the best u would have to do the throttle body and Iacv too..What I mean is prevent heat soak in thoes areas as well... :thumb:
By 93hatcheg
#191496 yea im not worried about the heat soak lol i just bought it cause i needed a new one and when i was puttin on my supercharger it seems helpful but i agree with cali ej2 that its probably crap and dont make any difference.

but if its cause my idle surge then i will get rid of it in a heart beat lol
By suspendedHatch
#191607 They do make a difference and Bisimoto is a big proponent of them.

Ignition timing plays a huge part with your idle. The ECU uses ignition timing adjustments to keep your idle steady because the engine responds much faster to timing changes than to the IACV motor.
By forcefedEG
suspendedHatch wrote:They do make a difference and Bisimoto is a big proponent of them.

yeah i have heard they help alot, and i know most people highly recomend them for a jrsc equipped car...
By 93hatcheg
suspendedHatch wrote:They do make a difference and Bisimoto is a big proponent of them.

Ignition timing plays a huge part with your idle. The ECU uses ignition timing adjustments to keep your idle steady because the engine responds much faster to timing changes than to the IACV motor.

ight well i guess that works out good for me since i have a hondata IM gasket with my JRSC!

also thanks suspendedhatch for the advice on the ignition timing...it makes sense cause when my timing was retarded too much it never did it...then i put it back to like 16degrees or something and it started suging the idle again