General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By dro21
#191006 Ok after 2 ppl flaking on me.. i found a dude with a h22 that wants to trade me for my greddy evo2 exhaust....but he told me straight up that the engine had a knock sound.first of all is it a good trade my greddy exhaust for his complete h22 swap that knock? Whats the most likely part that knocks( piston,crank,etc..
By dro21
egsedanguy wrote:rod nock proly. i personaly say dont due it unles you wann fully rebuild it.. could be more damge than just a lil nock. i say no no no. keep looking.

Yea i was thinking the same thing about the damage because he keeps insisting to trade him
By dro21
egsedanguy wrote:i wouldnt. that motor with full swap parts is like 2k. i dont think the exaust is that much. just tell him no you dont wanna trade.

The exhaust only costed $600 lol
By forcefedEG
#191126 ask him to pull the oil pan off so you can look at the rods 1st and see if there discolord or blue... if he wont do that for you walk away... if the rod bearing is spun bad enough to dis-color the rod it probally trashed the crank, if all the rods look ok, ask him to pop the caps so you can look at the bearings.... if ther rods arent "blued" it could be possible to just polish the crank and resize the rods, and blance it and itd be ok :thumb: thats just my opinion tho