General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By moisesdgreat
#190011 Hello experts, anybody who can give me advise about the main cause,if its traffic my eg sedan a/c temp goes low esp. in the hot afternoon, but if im just driving along w/out any traffic the a/c temp is normal to cool;;fan seems to be ok as i see it runs well especially if the aircon is turned on,anyway thats a newly cleaned a/c system and refilled freon, you think guys that would be a compressor problem?
By suspendedHatch
#190049 AC compressor is crank driven and RPM dependent. Did you convert an R12 system to R134a? It wont be as efficient that way. Not much you can do about it.
By moisesdgreat
#190184 I understand. But i'm not really sure about the system convertion you are talking about the car a/c system;;correct me if i'm wrong, but my car 1995 LX EG sedan are all stock parts and the A/C technician said the type of my car uses R134a and he did.
By Ajax1989
#190189 when you mean "low" in taffic, do you mean it getter really cold or does it warm up?
By moisesdgreat
#190287 "low" as in the a/c is not working so as like it warms up but the fan continues to roll below the dash and the a/c fan near the engine. :?
By suspendedHatch
#190400 Yeah 94 and up are all R134a. So that's not your problem.
By forcefedEG
#190403 try cleaning your condensor out, as in the external fins, blow them out with air/ water (mabe even use a cleaning solvent) opposite the direction of flow of air... if the fins cannot have air flow over them the heat exchange process cannot occour, this could be part of your problem... :thumb:

your orfice tube could be clogged as well, this could cause the problem you are experienceing at an idle as the orfice tube controls the flow of freon.... i would also add a dye to the system and check for any leaks :thumb:
By moisesdgreat
#191143 I already checked it, my a/c dryer and the pressure valve is clogged and i replaced it;;its all working fine now;;thanks for the help guys!!!
By jerko
#193976 where is the pcv valve, pressure valve, and ac dryer located? How do you tell if they're clogged?