General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By HellBoyEg
#189728 Ok i am a noob when it comes to cars...i hack and mod pc, xbox's, ect but am less then a beginner when it comes to cars..so far i know i need a radiator fan but idk if that will fix the over heating.Also my temp gauge isn't working and im leaking oil from what looks to be coming from a small crevice under the valve cover(but again my terminology might be off) Any help would be use full.(if you know your stuff)..also sorry if i posted this in the wrong section
By HellBoyEg
#189782 also if you need more info let me kno
By MI_excoupe
#189924 if it looks like its leaking from under your valve cover, take the bolts off the top of the valve cover and check the seal thats on it. simple fix, anyone can do it, honestly haha. as for the over heating, im not too sure. one of the honda guru's on this site will tho haha
By 92egdxhatch
#190053 did you mean d16z6?

d15z6 doesnt exist. [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By HellBoyEg
#190073 sorry bout the wrong thread and yea i mean d16z6 sorry ill post pics of the leak....heres a close up as to where i think its comin from...how do i move this post to the right spot?

By 92egdxhatch
#190077 that looks like a bad headgasket, which can cause overheating.
By HellBoyEg
#190164 Average cost of repair? for a bad head gasket?
By forcefedEG
HellBoyEg wrote:Average cost of repair? for a bad head gasket?

not a clue of what it would cost at a shop, possibly 500 to 1000 price range depending on?, unless you have no tools and no knowledge id recomend doing it yourself, there are a few good DIY's on here for that, mite be worth it to take a look :thumb:
By HellBoyEg
#190173 oh i can do it myself with my cousin but how much would parts cost? any idea?
By teal_dx
#190176 first buy a haynes manual for $20
an OEM HG runs $40-50
Check to see when the timing belt & water pump were last replaced. When doing the head gasket is the ideal time to replace them while the engine is apart.
By HellBoyEg
#190182 ok thanks....ill keep you guys posted as i make the repairs
By HellBoyEg
#190205 oh and d15z6 do exist
By Eg6H2D
#190754 Teal, aside from the build of oil as in the picture shown above, and aside from over heating what are other signs your gasket needs replacing?.

aside from the typical like excessive smoke and what not. ?