General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By JDM-EG
#187402 D15B manual
when release clutch slowly in 1st gear without any support of gas pedal,the car seems to moving forward a little bit n slowly rite ?
ok my case is here,doing the same as above release cluth slowly in 1st gear,but u can c the fall of rpm in quick n the engine almost die,release the clutch somemore n the engine shut off.
i know this is normal when release clutch n cause the fall of rpm,but in my case tat is reli abnormal,i dono if my word correct to explan this cause of bad english,but i hope u can understand.

is this gearbox problem ? clutch problem ? or idle adjustment problem ?

thanks for help ~
By forcefedEG
#187403 on those cars you cannot let the clutch out with out support of the gas pedal and get it to take off.... it may be possible to ride the clutch and make it move to take off,
but if you do not give it gas it will do that and stall out... basicly when you let oout the clutch you have to give it gas...
By JDM-EG
#187622 thanks for the advice~
but even i give a support on the gas [ the second u release clutch ]with the perfect drive,n u can feel the fall of rpm untill maybe 100/200 n omos die.
i have a try on giving gas on 6,000rpm [ car in stop condition ]n put in 1st gear n release the clutch so let the car in fast pickup,but once the clutch is release,the car seems not moving forward with the exact speed,but the fall of rpm untill 100/200 and then start to speeding up forward normally.
in my case i nv think it is normal,hope u understand n gv some idea on wad is the exact problem ?

thanks alot ~ =)
By forcefedEG
teal_dx wrote:true... and if you have a light weight flywheel or aggressive clutch such as a 6-puck, it will be even worse.

x2