General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By flyinryan122
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:Best tranny eh? Search CG tranny on google, and click the honda-tech link. Best unknown d-series tranny EVER! lol

Good luck with your build.

thx ill look into it
If you decide to do it, LMK, i fabricate and sell the passenger side bracket needed for that tranny swap into an EG. Unless you can fab your own :)
By dro21
#186903 [quote="94_jdm_ferio
the stock z6 rods are good, you can get a set of forged rods off FJdist.
ya you want to port and polish, ive herd of good hp gains off just porting it..but thats all on you

and as for the intake since your in cali id go wit AEM due to the damn laws
and yes you should get a tune.

and ya im goin boost, im gonna track my sedan
and if the cash is rite when i get outta school i'll buy another sedan and do a all motor z6 for the dd :thumb:[/quote]

if i forget something essential please do tell.....and as for the rods i think im going to get them shot peen'd .
By dro21
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:Best tranny eh? Search CG tranny on google, and click the honda-tech link. Best unknown d-series tranny EVER! lol

thx ill look into it
If you decide to do it, LMK, i fabricate and sell the passenger side bracket needed for that tranny swap into an EG. Unless you can fab your own :)

i dont really think ima go that route even though you can use a b-series lsd which is great...but what got me stumped is teh 5th gear out side of the tranny :?
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:

if i forget something essential please do tell.....and as for the rods i think im going to get them shot peen'd .

umm get the arp head studs
make sure you get the p28
all tho you want power, keep all SMOG items on the car
make sure you torque everything to spec

ya are you gonna resize them after you shot peen'd them?
By flyinryan122
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:

thx ill look into it

i dont really think ima go that route even though you can use a b-series lsd which is great...but what got me stumped is teh 5th gear out side of the tranny :?
That is becasue it comes factory with a ''handcuff'' after 4th gear. When the b-series guys use a handcuff it replaces 5th gear, which doesn't make street/highway driving so great. The handcuff is used so the gears can't spread apart and chew them selves up. Other advantage it you get a half shaft. That 5th gear on the outside also makes it so you can use the old accord 5ths, makes freeway driving AMAZING haha. plus it has the shortest gear ratio out of all d-series trannies, which means it has the best acceleration. Something to think about :)
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

i retake my thoughts about the shot peend ill just keep them stock
by smog items u mean catalyst?
im going to need a torque wrench to keep everything to spec rite?
now for the nooby question when they tune it there tuning the ecu or what?
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

ya keep the cat, the evap canister, all that stuff
ya torque wreches arent too much, i got one at harbor frieght for 20 bucks

and i believe they tune off the ecu, not 100% sure there
By dro21
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:

thx ill look into it

That is becasue it comes factory with a ''handcuff'' after 4th gear. When the b-series guys use a handcuff it replaces 5th gear, which doesn't make street/highway driving so great. The handcuff is used so the gears can't spread apart and chew them selves up. Other advantage it you get a half shaft. That 5th gear on the outside also makes it so you can use the old accord 5ths, makes freeway driving AMAZING haha. plus it has the shortest gear ratio out of all d-series trannies, which means it has the best acceleration. Something to think about :)

if i do end up getting it...im going to need the bracket fabbed up but ill tell you if i do
By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

you read my mind about getting that stuff off harbor....them tuning the ecu wouldnt that affect emission tho.?
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:

thx ill look into it

:eh: 5th gear is on the outside of the trans?? ehh
By Ajax1989
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

you read my mind about getting that stuff off harbor....them tuning the ecu wouldnt that affect emission tho.?

i dont think so, not really sure, just when they tune it, ask them to keep smog in mind or go to a tune shop and ask if you can still pass smog and have what you want
By flyinryan122
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:
dro21 wrote:

thx ill look into it

:eh: 5th gear is on the outside of the trans?? ehh

Yeah, see the black cover, 5th is in that.

By dro21
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:
94_jdm_ferio wrote:
dro21 wrote:

i dont think so, not really sure, just when they tune it, ask them to keep smog in mind or go to a tune shop and ask if you can still pass smog and have what you want

dam im off to use the calculator and calculate around how much this is all gonna cost........is there a book that will help when i start build the engine ?
By flyinryan122
#186924 Most of the time they can help you pass emissions after tuning it, or they can mess with it to get it to pass. we do it quite a bit out here lol

SORRY. Mis-type
Last edited by flyinryan122 on Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
By dro21
flyinryan122 wrote:Most of the time they can help you pass emissions after tuning it, or they can okay with it to get it to pass. we do it quite a bit out here lol

huh? on this part "or they can okay with it to get it to pass"....